|Current & upcoming shows:
* 'HEY! Modern Art & Pop Culture II' - Museum group show - La Halle St. Pierre - Paris, France -
24 Jan - 23 Aug 2013
* SCOPE Miami - Art Fair - Spoke Art - Miami - December 2013
Available collage art, art prints and goodies, can be found through the store section.
If you cannot find the item you'd like, then please get in touch.
HANDIEDAN short bio:
Originally trained as a graduated photographic designer at the Academy for fine Arts and design in
Breda(Netherlands), Handiedan developed her working skills into graphic design and illustration throughout the years. Since 2008 Handiedan works as a full time self taught collage artist.
Her artwork has been shown throughout the world including Musée La Halle St. Pierre, Roq la Rue Gallery,
Phone Booth Gallery, Spoke Art, Unit 44, Black Book Gallery and Mondo Bizzarro Gallery and has been featured in several magazines and blogs including HiFructose, Juxtapoz, IdN and Victionary.
Handiedan's collages involve a complex cut and paste mixture of classic pin-up images. Intricate and meticulously crafted, the collages represent the gradual accumulation of layers. Over a backdrop of baroque and Victorian Neo-Classicism designs culled from international currencies and stamps, antique sheet music ornaments, playing cards, sigar bands, Asian papers and personal items, the artist fuses classic pin-up girl body parts, with the occasion recourse to digital wizardry, scissors and a steady hand to create her own version of beauty.
Handiedan builds up so many layers in her collages that the surfaces stand out in relief and it becomes a game to spot motifs that reappear from one work to another.
The impish doodled avatar peppered throughout on the tattooed lushed pin-up girls with pen scratches and doodles all over the collage either on paper, old wood or rusty metal.
From January 24th - August 2013 Handiedan exhibits at the museum exhibtion "HEY! Modern Art & Pop Culture II" at Musée La Halle Saint Pierre in Paris.
Solo Shows & Projects:
* 'Elegant Universe' @ Thinkspace Gallery, Culver City, CA
* 'Circulus' @ Roq la Rue Gallery - Seattle
* 'United Taste of a Miracle' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'White Walls Project' @ Unit44, mural - Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
* 'Amsterdynasty' @ Black Book Gallery - Denver
* 'Habba Habba' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'Translucent Skin' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach
* 'Handiedan' @ Museum of Porn in Art - Zürich
* 'Sirenum Scopuli' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'Handiedan' @ M'atuvu Josworld - Brussels
Group Shows & Projects:
* 'We are 2' - Group show @ Unit44 - Newcastle upon Tyne
* 'The 13th Hour' @ Last Rites Gallery - New York
* 'Lush Life Four' @ Roq la Rue Gallery - Seattle
* Artmrkt & Artpad fairs @ Spoke Art - San Francisco
* 'Back-to-Back' @ GoGallery & La Gallery Provocatrice - Amsterdam
* 'September Group Show' @ Spoke Art - San Francisco
* 'A Taste of Things to Come Spoke Art 2011/2012' @ Spoke Art - San Francisco
* 'The New Lost Generation' @ Mondo Bizzarro Gallery, - Rome
* Urban Contemporary Art Auction @ Bloomsburys Auctions / Dreweatts - London
* 'Oh, You Are Sick…' An Art Show Dedicated to David Lynch' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'Retroism' @ Retrospect Galleries - Byron Bay, Australia
* 'Chicas del Polder' @ RAS Gallary - Barcelona
* 'Bunch of Stars' @ Red Gallery - London
* 'Off the Hook III' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'Group show' @ Electrik Sheep Gallery - Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
* 'iMigrate' - Victoria, Canada
* 'Dirty Show' - Detroit, Chicago
2005 - 2009 (selection)
* Bunch of Stars, for Bunch London, client Star of Bethnal Green, London
* 'Smell the Glove' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'LFTFLD 5th anniversary' @ Chiellery Gallery - Amsterdam
* 'Off the Hook II' @ Phone Booth Gallery - Long Beach, CA
* 'New Work & Dutch Glory' @ Bright Young Things Gallery - Amsterdam
* 'Paper Pushers' @ Gallery 1988 - San Francisco
* 'UAMO art festival Munich' - Munich
* UmbrellART - Amsterdam
* Cut & Paste Competition, London
* Art photography, Shanghai, China in association with FW
* Now Then Magazine
* Guest Curator at ArtistaDay
* I Paint My Mind
* Monday Inspiration Magazine
* Online interview by Ryan Milner for Phone Booth Gallery
* Online interview by Arrested Motion
* Interview by Photoshop Creative (Dutch)
* Juxtapoz website - Erotica
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'The 13th Hour' group show at Last Rites Gallery - November 2012
* Examiner - 'Circulus' show at Roq la Rue Gallery - April 2012
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Circulus' show at Roq la Rue Gallery - April 2012
* Arts America blog - 'Circulus' show at Roq la Rue Gallery - April 2012
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'United Taste of a Miracle' at Phone Booth Gallery - Nov 2011
* Hey Magazine - 2011
* Warholian - A review of Spoke Art's September Group show - September 2011
* Hi-Fructose blog - Spoke Art September Group Show - Opening Night - September 2011
* Arrested Motion - Openings: Handiedan, Craww, Charmaine Olivia & Tatiana Suarez @ Spoke Art - Sept 2011
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Handiedan - White Walls Mural Project' at Unit44 - June 2011
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Amsterdynasty' show at Black Book Gallery - May 2011
* Hi-Fructose blog - Studio visit - May 2011
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Handiedan x The top 10 Hi-Fructose posts of 2010
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Habba Habba' show at Phone Booth Gallery
* Hi-Fructose blog - 'Retroism' show
* Scandinavian Tattoo Magazine STM Nr: 108 2011
* District Weekly
* Die Gestalten Verlag's Illusive - Contemporary Illustration Part 3
* Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine & Reader Art
* IdN Extra 01: Cut&Paste From Sketch to Production
* IdN online feature
* DPI Magazine, Taiwan
* Never Use White Type on a Black Background - BISpublishers
* Relevant BCN magazine’s Special Edition
* LFTFLD Magazine No.22
* IDEAFried, Hong Kong - 'The Keywords on Visual Arts in Netherlands'
* Victionary ' Musikraphics'
* Victionary 'Fashion Wonderland'
* Fefè #4 Who said we need to be strong?
* IDN v15n1 & v14n5 - 2nd + 3th episode 15th Anniversary Competion
* Kunstbeeld no. 7/8 2007
See the list of commissioned designs here..
* Individual grant NBKS, Breda
* 1998-2002 - Academy for fine Arts and design AKV/t.Joost, Breda, The Netherlands, Photographic Design
* 2001 - Foto Floor